About accessing resources
No single information resource is totally comprehensive or completely up-to-date in all respects, and all databases have the potential to have search function anomalies. Use your professional judgement to decide when you need to verify facts in another resource.
Freely available resources
The following resources are available to you, whichever part of the health system you are based in.
NHS Injectable Medicines Guide (Medusa)
- Access to this national resource can be made available to all to ensure the safe preparation and administration of injectable medicines and is continuously being updated.
- The Quick Guide provides infromation on how to access this resource.
Coronavirus Yellow Card (MHRA)
- Healthcare professionals can report all suspected adverse drug reactions associated with any medicines used in patients with confirmed or suspected COVID-19, including medicines to manage long term or pre-existing conditions and medicines being used off-label, via the MHRA Coronavirus Yellow Card.
- Reporting for incidents in clinical trials should be in line with trial protocols.
The Liverpool Drug Interaction Group COVID-19 Drug Interaction Checker
- This freely accessible resource allows you to check interactions between one or more medicines.
- You can access the interactive tool via the COVID-19 Drug Interactions website.
- You can also download as an App from the iOS or Google Stores (search ‘COVID-19 iChart’).
- If you need any clarification or further information in relation to a potential interaction, please contact your local medicines information service.
UKMi Recommended Resources
- You can access a list of freely available resources, including many web based sources on the UK Medicines Information Network workspace.
- Note you will need to sign-in to NHS Futures and join the workspace in order to gain access.
For hospital pharmacy teams
Access to medicines information resources by hospital pharmacy teams during COVID-19 provides further information.
Contact us if you think we have missed anything which may be useful for pharmacy colleagues.
- Link to UKMi Recommended Resources updated; page re-formatted.
- Added details for how to access the Liverpool Drug Interaction Group COVID-19 Drug Interaction Checker App
- Resources checked and information remains correct.
- Link to similar page for those working in care homes or in general practice removed as no longer available.