Click here to view our most up to date Summary of COVID-19 medicines guidance: Diabetes.
The summary page signposts to key medicines related guidance that we are aware of from professional and government bodies relating to coronavirus and diabetes. A lot of this advice will be applicable to the care home setting.
It covers advice from key professional societies and organisations involved in diabetes including –
- NHS England/NHS Improvement
- Diabetes UK
- Association of British Clinical Diabetologists (ABCD)
Your local diabetes specialist network
This operates across primary and secondary care and will include at least some of the following –
- Secondary care consultants, nurses, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals
- Primary care nurses and pharmacists
- GPs with a special interest in diabetes
Your local CCG medicines management team
- All CCGs work with primary and secondary care colleagues to create clinical pathways for patients with long term conditions such as diabetes.
- There will be a lead for diabetes within the CCG.
To get back to our care home resource hub: clinical pharmacy section, click here