Click here to view our most up to date Summary of COVID-19 medicines guidance: Later Life.
The summary page signposts to key medicines related guidance that we are aware of from professional and government bodies relating to coronavirus and Later Life. A lot of this advice will be applicable to the care home setting.
The Summary of COVID-19 medicines guidance: Later Life page covers advice from key professional societies and organisations involved in supporting patients in care homes, from professional bodies such as the British Geriatrics Society, to the Care Quality Commission and NHS England/NHS Improvement. Topics covered include
- Re-use of medicines in a care home or hospice setting (NHS E/NHS I)
- Controlled drugs as stock in care homes (CQC)
- Medicines information for adult social care providers (CQC)
- Handwritten MAR charts (CQC)
- Managing the COVID-19 pandemic in care homes for older people (BGS)
- COVID-19 and medicines advice for older people (BGS)
- Managing delirium in in confirmed and suspected cases (BGS et al)
The resources below may also be of interest –
British Geriatrics Society: COVID-19: Tools and templates
Last updated 29th May 2020
- This resource brings together tools, templates and transferable examples of materials which may be of use across a variety of clinical settings and scenarios during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The AHSN Network: Spotting serious illness and sepsis
Last updated 7th April 2020
- Some people are more at risk than others of becoming unwell very quickly and developing a serious illness such as sepsis. This is known as ‘deterioration’ and it is important that anyone who cares for individuals who are at risk of deterioration knows how to spot the signs, especially during the current COVID-19 outbreak.
To get back to our care home resource hub: clinical pharmacy section, click here
To get back to our care homes resource hub home page, click here
Administration update (25th June 2020): updated dates of last update (in red above);