Click here to view our most up to date Summary of COVID-19 medicines guidance: Palliative and End of Life Care.
The summary page signposts to key medicines related guidance that we are aware of from professional and government bodies relating to coronavirus and palliative and end of life care. A lot of this advice will be applicable to the care home setting.
It covers advice from key professional societies and organisations involved in palliative and end of life care including –
- NHS England/NHS Improvement
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Association of Palliative Medicine
- British Geriatrics Society
The advice in these resources ranges from symptom control to dealing with controlled drugs.
The Palliative Care Formulary
- The Palliative Care formulary is accessible on Medicines Complete through a free Open Athens account. Instructions for how to register for this and access the PCF can be found here.
Your local CCG formulary for palliative care
- All CCGs will have worked with local palliative care teams for provide localised advice on the management of palliative care patients.
To get back to our care home resource hub: clinical pharmacy section, click here