This page summarises some useful tools and resources that will help pharmacy teams across sectors to implement local pharmacy service delivery models into care homes in response to the NHS England/NHS Improvement call for cross-system Pharmacy and Medicines Support for care homes.
Care Homes Good Practice Repository (in development)
- The Care Homes Good Practice Repository is being created by SPS to capture and identify good work that is already occurring in care homes across the country, and to enable the wider spread and adoption.
- If you have a practice example would like to share your example on the Care Homes Practice Repository, please get in touch.
- Current areas of focus (all submissions, including those outside our areas of focus are welcomed)
- Working as an MDT to review residents
- Using digital/ virtual MDT consultations
- Structured medication reviews in care homes
Whilst we develop the Care Home Good Practice Repository, here are a few ideas from colleagues in London and the North West Region which may give you some ideas to take forward. Find out locally who is leading on care home work at a CCG/STP level, you may find that there is a specific COVID-19 section on the area formulary page for example.
London data collection tool: Available through FutureNHS Collaboration Platform
- This data collection tool is being used in London to establish the baseline service in each locality/system
North West Region
The North West region has created a web page collating COVID-19 information and resources relevant to the region including –
- COVID-19 information and resources: North West Region Medicines Cell
- Prescribers obtaining Covid19 medicines for symptom control and treatment: guidance and templates: North West Region Medicines Cell
- Care homes’ safe access and use of medicines: guidance, templates and flowcharts: North West Region Medicines Cell
To get back to our care homes resource hub, click here
If we’ve missed any advice or guidance which you think would be helpful to care home pharmacy teams, please get in touch.