This toolkit is designed to support pharmacists who wish to develop new consultant posts and practitioners aspiring to consultant roles. The current toolkit contains attachments including:
- An example of a generic job description for the NHS Consultant Pharmacist posts in England, aligned to the Department of Health 2005 Guidance for the Development of Consultant Pharmacist Posts
- A list of Consultant Pharmacist post locations , created from data in June 2017.
- A map of Consultant Pharmacist posts, created by RightCare using 2017 data, is being updated so has been temporarily removed.
- Eight examples of Consultant Pharmacist achievement, by speciality, from information presented at the June 2015 10 year anniversary event.
- An information sheet to support the development of business cases for development of Consultant Pharmacist posts.
- A document providing overview, background and information which may be useful to pharmacy leads in completion of the interim approval process for consultant posts.
- For posts in London and the South East Deanery, further information on the interim approval process can be found at https://www.lasepharmacy.hee.nhs.uk/advanced-practice/consultant-pharmacists/
- For posts in the South Deanery, attached are interim approval process documents . The process is led by Trevor Beswick, Pharmacy Dean/Regional Head of Pharmacy, Heath Education England South.
- A summary of the consultation on the draft consultant pharmacist guidance
- The response to the consultation on the draft consultant pharmacist guidance
For further information please contact the Joint Chairs of the RPS Consultant Pharmacist Group.
Nina Barnett email: email@example.com
Nicola Stoner email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Consultant Pharmacist for Older People, Medicines Use and Safety Team