This toolkit has been designed to support pharmacists who wish to develop new consultant posts and practitioners aspiring to consultant roles. It is currently being updated in line with the refreshed guidance, which has recently been published here Consultant pharmacist guidance
From 14 Jan 2020, Consultant post approval applications should be submitted by employers or organisations via the application form on the RPS website. Existing posts will NOT need to be re-approved. For more information please see RPS consultant pharmacist page
To find a consultant in your areas, please see the RPS-maintained public-facing directory of approved consultant pharmacist posts.
The following attachments apply to the previous edition of the guidance from 2005
- An example of a generic job description for the NHS Consultant Pharmacist posts in England, aligned to the Department of Health 2005 Guidance for the Development of Consultant Pharmacist Posts
- A list of Consultant Pharmacist post locations , created from data in June 2017.
- Eight examples of Consultant Pharmacist achievement, by speciality, from information presented at the June 2015 10 year anniversary event.
- An information sheet to support the development of business cases for development of Consultant Pharmacist posts.
- A document providing overview, background and information which may be useful to pharmacy leads in completion of the interim approval process for consultant posts valid until the refreshed guidance was published on 14 Jan 2020.
For further information please contact the Joint Chairs of the RPS Consultant Pharmacist Group.
Nina Barnett email: email@example.com
Nicola Stoner email: firstname.lastname@example.org