Supply chain for Covid-19 vaccines
Supply chain for equipment and consumables
The National COVID-19 Vaccination Programme has established a dedicated supply chain, the COVID-19 Vaccination Channel (CVC), to provide the majority of equipment and consumables to administration sites. Items supplied through this channel are defined by the Supply Inventory List (SIL) and subsequent updates.
A limited number of additional items are being delivered by alternative routes; these include:
- Anaphylaxis kits—delivered through pharmacy wholesalers
- Ultra low temperature PPE for hospital hubs, freezers and fridges etc—delivered directly
Escalating delays or issues with deliveries
A National Vaccine Service Desk has been established and is the first contact point for delays or issues with deliveries of the vaccine, consumables or deliverables. It should be used regardless of the route of delivery (i.e. CVC, pharmacy wholesalers or direct delivery).
The service desk handles queries related to:
- Late arrival of items
- Deliveries with fewer items than in the schedule for the organisation
- Deliveries with less volume of an item than in the schedule for the organisation
- Deliveries with damaged items
The service desk cannot:
- Make changes to items included in the Supply Inventory List
- Process additional requests for products
Feedback on volumes should be via your NHSE/I Covid-19 Regional Operation Leads or Regional Chief Pharmacist (contact details below). Volume changes will only be made at a national level.
Contacting the National Vaccine Service Desk
Telephone: 0300 200 1000
The service desk is available from 06.00 to 22.00 daily including bank holidays.
When contacting the service desk you will need to provide:
- Your name and contact details
- What the issue relates to
- The site you are calling about
Regional Chief Pharmacists
You can contact the individual for your region by clicking on their name below: