The European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI) COVID-19 Resource Centre links to relevant documents.
Key medicines-related issues
Links provided to documents, including:
- EAACI statement on the diagnosis, management and prevention of severe allergic reactions to COVID‐19 vaccines.
- Managing childhood allergies and immunodeficiencies during respiratory virus epidemics – A statement from the EAACI-Section on Pediatrics.
In addition there is a Statement on intra-nasal corticosteroids that advises:
- With current knowledge, intra-nasal corticosteroid sprays can be continued in allergic rhinitis and during the pollen season at recommended doses.
- Stopping local intra-nasal corticosteroid sprays is not advised as immunosuppression has not been proven; moreover, stopping may lead to increased sneezing, which could lead to spreading of the coronavirus.
- Moreover; unnecessary SARS-COV 2 testing and doctor’s visits may be avoided by sufficient treatment of allergic airway problems; since patients may confound allergic induced nasal symptoms and cough with signs of virus infection.