This page summarises some useful tools and external resources that will help pharmacy teams across sectors to implement local pharmacy service delivery models into care homes in response to the NHS England/NHS Improvement call for cross-system Pharmacy and Medicines Support for care homes.
Other useful resource hubs include:
- The Royal Pharmaceutical Society: COVID-19 latest advice and information
- Care Quality Commission: Information for adult social care providers during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
- The Primary Care Pharmacy Association: COVID-19 Resource hub (available to PCPA members and non-members)
- PrescQIPP: Care homes page and Care homes support page
- Pharmaceutical Services Negotiating Committee: COVID-19 hub
- The Royal College of General Practitioners: COVID-19 Resource hub
FutureNHS Collaboration Discussion Forum
- The MOCH professional network hosts a discussion forum where pharmacy teams can post questions and read other’s discussions relating to care home issues. A login is required but free to sign up; just email your request to join the workspace to email@example.com
Here are a few ideas from colleagues in London and the North West Region which may give you some ideas to take forward. Find out locally who is leading on care home work at a CCG/STP level, you may find that there is a specific COVID-19 section on the area formulary page for example.
London data collection tool: Available through FutureNHS Collaboration Platform
- This data collection tool is being used in London to establish the baseline service in each locality/system
NHS West Hampshire CCG: Restore2 – recognise early soft signs, take observations, respond, escalate
North West Region
The North West region has created a web page collating COVID-19 information and resources relevant to the region including –
- COVID-19 information and resources: North West Region Medicines Cell
- Prescribers obtaining Covid19 medicines for symptom control and treatment: guidance and templates: North West Region Medicines Cell
- Care homes’ safe access and use of medicines: guidance, templates and flowcharts: North West Region Medicines Cell
If we’ve missed any advice or guidance which you think would be helpful to care home pharmacy teams, please get in touch.