Date23 November 2021
About the event
This year’s Health and Justice meeting was held on line and was aimed at the following target audience:
- Pharmacists and senior technicians providing or managing pharmacy services to Secure Environments and offender health care pathways
- Education and Training Leads for the Health and Justice providers, and Trust Education and Training Leads
- Pharmacists and senior technicians who provide support to commissioners of Health and Justice services
Sessions included a NHS Heath and Justice update, as well as hosting rotational foundation and trainee pharmacists in this secure environment setting.
Why it’s important
Staffing challenges within the NHS mean that it’s even more important to plan for tomorrow’s workforce now
What was covered
The learning outcomes for this event were:
- Gain an understanding of the strategic pharmacy workforce development plans and how these will affect Health and Justice.
- Reflect on how your organisation can implement the pharmacy workforce plans, using the insight from examples shared.
- Receive an update on the national Health and Justice strategic plan
- Take the opportunity to share good practice and network with peers to develop your knowledge base.
A range of speakers ran this event from SPS and other organisations.
This event was hosted by Sarah and facilitated by Barry. Read more about our SPS colleagues by following the links.
We were pleased to be joined by a number of excellent external speakers including:
Regional Pharmacy Dean, HEE
National Pharmaceutical Adviser Health and Justice, NHS England and Improvement
Lead pharmacist Prison Pharmacist, HMP Berwyn
Pre-registration pharmacist NSFT and HMP Hollesley Bay
This webinar was recorded in two parts:
Including the welcome and Nick’s discussion on Pharmacy Workforce development overview and overall Strategic aims for Health and Justice.
This includes the following:
- Denise’s update on Health and Justice
- Amber’s session on hosting a pharmacist foundation trainee
- Esther’s experience of a Pre-registration pharmacist 3 month rotation
- Breakout room feedback and take away messages
Contact the Admin Team if you have any questions