How do you convert from co-beneldopa (Madopar®) prolonged-release capsules to dispersible tablets?

Samantha Owen, Principal Pharmacist Critical Evaluation and UKMi Medicines Q&A Lead, Southampton Medicines Advice Service, University Hospital of Southampton NHS Foundation TrustPublished Last updated See all updates

For patients taking the prolonged-release preparation of co-beneldopa (Madopar® CR), there may be clinical situations when an alternative formulation of co-beneldopa needs to be considered e.g. if swallowing difficulties (dysphagia) develop. Co-beneldopa dispersible tablets (Madopar® Dispersible) are the formulation of choice for patients who are no longer able to swallow the prolonged-release capsules.

This Medicines Q&A offers advice on how to convert from Madopar CR capsules to the dispersible tablets.


Change history

  1. Added "dysphagia" to body text to aid search for this article
  1. Published