Appropriate preparation and administration of COVID-19 vaccines may depend on patient characteristics and be independent of vaccine choice, or it may depend on the specific pharmaceutical characteristics of the individual vaccine.
Our guidance and standard operating procedures cover both aspects.
In addition to our SOPs, further points of clarification related to preparation and administration are as follows.
The expiry date shown on the vaccine is the date after which the vaccine should no longer be used. The product can be used up until midnight on the date shown i.e. if the expiry date is shown as 31.3.21 then the product can be used up until 23:59 on the 31st March 2021.
- Information related to batch numbers removed
- Information related to batch specific checks removed
- Information reviewed and remains current and correct
- Amendment to reflect that licensed products are also in the supply chain
- The article on administering COVID-19 vaccines to children and young people added to the series list
- Information on expiry dates added
- Information related to batch numbers added