The RMOC recommendation is in the process of being revised to reflect the Royal College of Emergency Medicine (RCEM)/National Poisons Information Service (NPIS) 2021 updated guideline on antidote availability.
In the interim NHS Trusts should:
- Follow the RCEM/ NPIS Guideline on Antidote Availability for Emergency Departments, 2021 Update.
- Discuss the use of category C antidotes with the on-call toxicologist who will be able to provide contact details to arrange the supply of these antidotes.
- Inform staff to use the guidance available via Toxbase which contains information likely to be requested from enquirers (toxbase.org)(username and password required for access).
- Interim advice provided whilst RMOC advisory statement is being updated.
- Change date that RUM advice was last updated.