Clinical pharmacists and pharmacy technicians are taking on greater roles in primary care, particularly within general practice. They need access to reliable information about medicines.
This guide suggests resources for use in primary care to answer questions about medicines.
The document includes the following sections:
- General resources and guidelines
- Administration of medicines
- Adverse drug reactions
- Breast feeding
- Complementary medicines
- Contraception and family planning
- Diagnostic tests
- Drug interactions
- Drug misuse
- Drug stability / pharmaceutical issues
- Identification of medicines
- Immunisation and vaccines
- Mental health
- New medicines and horizon scanning
- Palliative care
- Patent expiry
- Poisoning and toxicity
- Travel medicine
Most of the resources are freely available online.