This Advisory Statement applies to the London region only.
RMOC London recommends that the Pan-London Symptom Control Medicines Authorisation and Administration (MAAR) Chart, developed by the End of Life Care Clinical Network (NHS England and NHS Improvement, London Region), be used by all providers of palliative and end of life care in primary care in London to support the care of Londoners in community settings. Secondary care providers will use this chart to support patients who are discharged into the community. The chart should be used together with the associated policy and procedure.
The following documents are available on this page to support implementation of this recommendation:
- Symptom Control MAAR Chart (PDF-writable)
- Symptom Control MAAR Chart (word version)
- Procedure for using the Symptom Control MAAR Chart
- Policy for the Symptom Control MAAR Chart (PDF-writable)
- Examples of completed Symptom Control MAAR Charts