Bristol-Myers Squibb divested the Questran range to Cheplapharm at the end of July 2019. Current supply situation is as follows:
- Questran Light (Cheplapharm) – available in very limited quantities until at least March 2020.
- Questran (Cheplapharm) – out of stock; not expected back before 2021.
- Colestyramine light 4g sachets – Mylan – (recently launched) available in wholesalers from week commencing 10 February 2020
- Cholestagel (colesevelam) 625mg tablets (Sanofi) – Currently in stock.
- Colestid (colestipol) plain (Pfizer) – UK licensed stock. Intermittent limited supplies of Colestid plain granules are available until June 2020
- Colestid (colestipol) Orange (Pfizer) – Intermittent limited supplies of Colestid orange granules are available until August 2020
This memo advises on management options until the shortage resolves.