This page summarises and signposts to medicine related guidance we’re aware of from professional and government bodies relating to coronavirus and cancers.
Our advice is constantly reviewed as the pandemic situation evolves.
Whilst we have tried to ensure that the information on this page is complete, please report a concern if you feel anything is omitted or inaccurate.
To see our professional guidance summaries for other clinical areas, click here
Advice in this area includes:
Published 28th March 2020
- The purpose of this guideline is to maximise the safety of patients who need radiotherapy and make the best use of NHS resources, while protecting staff from infection.
Last updated 9th November 2020
- The purpose of this guideline is to maximise the safety of patients with cancer/ who need radiotherapy and make the best use of NHS resources, while protecting staff from infection.
- Includes interim treatment options to allow greater flexibility in the management of cancer during Covid-19 pandemic
Royal College of Radiologists: Covid-19 Resources
Last updated 6th May 2020
- Advice on the management of different cancer types during Covid-19 pandemic
- Resources produced aim to facilitate national discussion and the sharing of expert opinion
Melanoma Focus – COVID-19 Information for Healthcare Professionals
Last updated 9th June 2020
- Information for health care professionals and patients on the management of melanoma during Covid-19 pandemic
Macmillian – Patient information on coronavirus and cancer
- Health information and advice for cancer patients.
- Includes information on shielding for vulnerable patients and impact on cancer treatments
Cancer Research UK: Patient information on coronavirus (COVID-19) and cancer
Last updated 16th September 2020
- The above link to CRUK provides health advice for cancer patients including outlining shielding advice for vulnerable cancer patients
- Includes information on the continuation of chemotherapy and other cancer treatments
Administration update (12th November 2020): administrative amendments made to the page only.