The scope of SPS’s input to support the COVID-19 Schools Vaccination Programme for 12 – 15 year olds is limited to the provision of information.
We do not cover the legal authority and regulatory framework under which vaccines are administered to patients, administration of the vaccine, or observation of patients. Content covering these points can be found on the NHSE website.
Chief/Lead Pharmacists may wish to adapt the SPS daily Covid-19 vaccine management checklist and advice on using COVID-19 vaccines in temporary vaccination sites for local use.
To support the COVID-19 Schools Vaccination Programme for 12 – 15 year olds, SPS will:
- outline information that the Chief Pharmacist and other pharmacy staff should consider when SOPs are put in place for the onward supply of COVID-19 vaccine to vaccination sites or school vaccination teams, their storage, preparation and disposal.
- provide information and signpost to content that can be used as templates for adaptation and sign-off locally, or that may be used as reference sources to check that existing local procedures are robust and comprehensive
Our resources and content support:
- safe storage and distribution, including temperature controlled storage and safe handling, stock control, and reporting vaccine usage to UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA – formerly known as PHE)
- oversight of vaccine handling and preparation, including management of shelf life reduction processes if required.
- Reviewed and confirmed up to date