A standard operating procedure is attached to this page.
You should also familiarise yourself with our background guide Facilitating Pharmaceutical support to PCN Designated Sites for COVID-19 vaccinations before using this SOP.
The core principles in the SOPs are common and may be adapted for use and sign off in all care settings.
These documents may be adapted by Superintendent Pharmacists for the use of the vaccine in Community Pharmacy settings.
Other handling content for PCNs
Other COVID-19 vaccines resources
- Updated to include name of licensed formulation of vaccine
- Resources checked and information remains correct
- Updated to align with revised Mutual Aid Policy
- Amended wording on mutual aid and returning of vials to stock in SOP AVH7
- Repaired hyperlinks in AVH7 word document and removed table of Foundry codes
- Broken hyperlinks to previous resources removed.
- Addition of wording to webpage referring to use within Community Pharmacy settings
- Corrected update history to amend numbering error
- Updated to reflect Position Statement on vaccination of Care Home residents dated 01/02/2021 and the Mutual Aid policy
- Updated to clarify storage of vaccine at GP practice
- Rationale for advice on transfer of used vials clarified
- Updated to support transfer of used vaccine vial between patients' homes and clarification that the vaccine received at GP practice must be used immediately and not stored