Please save the mornings of Tuesday 3rd and Wednesday 4th November in your diaries.
With the introduction of Electronic Prescribing and Medicines Administration (EPMA), pharmacists in our network noticed a change in how hospital pharmacy staff interacted with their patients, including reduced time spent on the wards. Then came the COVID 19 pandemic, which had increased the distance between pharmacy staff and their patients in hospitals.
We welcome you to attend our virtual conference, to be held on the mornings of Tuesday 3rd and Wednesday 4th November 2020, where we will explore key issues including:
- Why do pharmacy staff consult with inpatients?
- How do we decide which inpatients to consult with?
- How do we decide when hospital pharmacy staff should consult with inpatients?
- What method of consultation is optimal, in relation to patient need?
- Where do clinical prioritisation strategies fit in optimising the benefit of these consultations?
We invite pharmacy clinical services managers, Chief Pharmacists, education leads and other pharmacists to attend and actively contribute to thinking around these important topics.
More details and registration information will follow.
Dr Barry Jubraj
Associate Director (part-time), Medicines Use & Safety and Visiting Senior Lecturer, UCL School of Pharmacy
Professor Nina L Barnett PhD FFRPS FRPharmS IPresc JP Consultant Pharmacist, Care of Older People, Pharmacy, Northwick Park Hospital London North West Healthcare NHS Trust & NHS Specialist Pharmacy Service Visiting Professor, Kingston University, London
Administrator, Medicines Use and Safety Team