Remote consultations in care homes: a key element of the COVID 19 delivery model
Monday 1st June from 13.00 – 14.00
- Nick Haddington, Pharmacy Dean, Health Education England (South)
- Bruce Warner, Deputy Chief Pharmaceutical Officer, NHS England
- Graham Stretch, Chief Pharmacist, Argyle Health Group; President, PCPA
- Rachel Binks, Nurse Consultant, Digital & Acute Care, Airedale Digital Care Hub, Airedale NHS FT
- Nina Barnett, Consultant pharmacist, Care of Older People, Northwick Park Hospital and NHS Specialist Pharmacy Service
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the landscape with respect to consultations with health professionals. Remote and virtual consultations are becoming more common and many pharmacy team members are having to rapidly develop new skills to support this way of working.
An important example of the need for this way of working is described in is the Pharmacy and Medicines Support to Care Homes: Urgent System-Wide Delivery Model, published 20 May 2020 to help pharmacy and medicines teams implement the NHS England and NHS Improvement guidance ‘Primary Care and Community Health Support for Care Homes’.
This webinar provided an outline of the aims of the Delivery Model for supporting care homes during the COVID-19 pandemic, a short demonstration of remote consultation software, and an introduction of a helpful aide memoir on what needs to be considered when planning a remote consultation.
A recording of the webinar is available HERE. (You will need to be signed in with your .nhs email address to access the recording web page).
Please note there is a 10 minute gap in the recording when Dr Graham Stretch gives his demonstration. The Remote Consultation Demonstration video is separate and you can skip or fast forward through this gap.
A pdf of the slides is also available below
Any enquiries please email: LNWH-tr.MUS-SpecialistPharmacyService@nhs.net www.sps.nhs.uk