Resources to support pharmacy teams working in care homes
Wednesday 17 June 2020 13.00 – 14.00
In this webinar Emma McClay (Pharmacy Integration Project Lead, SPS) guides you through the newly developed SPS care homes resource hub.
Beth Ward (Head of Education RPS) discusses the RPS COVID-19 Care Homes Training Resource that they have recently published.
Helen Davis (Director, North West Medicines Information Centre) explained how they can help with enquiry answering support.
We know there are some amazing examples of innovative work in care homes and we want to hear about them and share with others. We will explain how to submit to our repository of good practice, so you can get your work published.
The recording of the webinar is here and a pdf of the slides is below
The chat box contained many contributions to links and below is a summary of what some of you shared. Most of the links are to other organisations. We hope that this is useful.
Please do get in touch if you have any questions or comments.
- Specialist Pharmacy Service:
- SPS care homes hub link (contains a podcast description of the site): https://www.sps.nhs.uk/home/services/care-home-resource-hub/
- SPS email for sharing good practice via the care homes respository – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society: https://www.rpharms.com/
- RPS resources related to COVID are currently open access
- RPS upcoming care homes webinar with CMHP on managing dementia and learning disability – the link to registration is here: https://events.rpharms.com/200207844
- Joining the MOCH workspace – please contact email@example.com
- PCPA real time peer-to-peer networks that use Telegram as a platform pcpa.co/sn (support group) & pcpa.co/vid19 (covid group) all pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and PreReg welcome
- Type https://pcpa.co/sn into your phone browser and it will invite you to install the app (you don’t need the https:// in safari)
Any enquiries: LNWH-tr.MUS-SpecialistPharmacyService@nhs.net
Administrator, Medicines Use and Safety Team