The aims of the network are:
- To promote excellence in antimicrobial stewardship within organisations in Berkshire, through sharing of good practice and resources (including IT developments).
- To conduct, and disseminate within and beyond the Network, collaborative audit, benchmarking and research projects regarding the appropriate use of antimicrobials.
- Promoting AMS in Primary & Secondary Care by supporting members of the network around Berkshire.
- To stimulate and support professional development of Network members.
- To secure resource for further work of the Network.
- Provide expert opinion and inform the national agenda on antimicrobial stewardship
- Share best practice to assist in achieving the CCG Quality Premiums and Trust CQUINs
- Promoting AMS to patients & increase public awareness.Supporting NICE Guidance & Health & Social Care Act.
- Effective use of Data Mapping
Associate Director for Medicines Optimisation, NHS Berkshire West CCG