Cornwall Antimicrobial Resistance Group (CARG) is a ‘One Health’ group which emerged in response to the UK Five Year Antimicrobial Resistance Strategy (2013 to 2018). The first meeting took place on 23rd January 2014
The group facilitates discussions across sectors, which has enabled the sharing of knowledge, ideas and resources, stimulated local AMS initiatives, and ensured a platform for the development of future AMR and AMS work.
The aims of the group relate to:
- Improving infection prevention and control practices, in human and animal health, across Cornwall, both through enhanced dissemination and implementation of best practice and better use of data and diagnostics.
- Optimising prescribing practice through a pan Cornwall antimicrobial stewardship programme that promotes rational prescribing and better use of existing and new rapid diagnostics.
- Improving professional education, training and public engagement to improve clinical practice and promote wider understanding of the need for more sustainable use of antibiotics.
- Improving access to and use of surveillance data in human and animal sectors through new arrangements that facilitate greater consistency and standardisation of the data collected across Cornwall and encourage improved data linkage.
- Encouraging AMR research in Cornwall to inform our understanding of AMR and successful strategies in public, patient and healthcare professional engagement.
Nurse Consultant Director of Infection Prevention & Control – Head of Public Health Nursing, NHS Kernow Clinical Commissioning Group
Consultant Antimicrobial Pharmacist, Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust
|Belinda Caslake||Hospital Nurse||ROYAL CORNWALL HOSPITALS NHS TRUST|
|Simone Girdham||Other||ROYAL CORNWALL HOSPITALS NHS TRUST|
|Ami Butler||Other||NHS KERNOW CCG|
|Marco Motta||Commissioning Pharmacist||NHS KERNOW CCG|
|woodshe||Chief Pharmacist, Medicines Optimisation Lead, or similar role||CORNWALL PARTNERSHIP NHS FOUNDATION TRUST|
|Andy Nichols||Other||HEALTH EDUCATION SOUTH WEST|
|Jennifer Taylor||Consultant or other senior doctor|
|Ronan Sheehan||Specialist Pharmacist||ROYAL CORNWALL HOSPITALS NHS TRUST|
Sign in to join or leave this network