The group is responsible for ensuring the implementation of a co-ordinated West Kent wide response to the Department of Health (DoH) and Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) UK five year antimicrobial resistance (AMR) strategy 2013-2018, NICE guidelines (NG15) August 2015 and any associated guidelines.
The group will deliver an effective West Kent wide strategy to promote the rational, high quality, safe and cost effective prescribing of antimicrobial agents within the West Kent Healthcare Economy.
Benefits will include:
- Optimal patient treatment
- Reduction of health care associated infections (HCAIs)
- Avoidance of development of antimicrobial resistance
- More cost effective antimicrobial prescribing
- Avoidance of unnecessary prescribing
- Reduced harms from side effects and ADRs
Specifically in supporting the delivery of the main 2 strategic aims:
- Improve the knowledge and understanding of Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) through better information, intelligence, supporting data, and developing more effective early warning systems to improve health security.
- Conserve and steward the effectiveness of existing treatments through improving infection prevention and control and development of resources to facilitate optimal use of antibiotics.
Prescribing Advisor, NHS West Kent CCG
|ola odubunmi||Commissioning Pharmacist|
Sign in to join or leave this network