The main remits of the Sheffield Antimicrobial Stewardship Group are:
- To optimise antimicrobial prescribing practice in primary and secondary care also including out of hours GPs and dentists
- Support and encourage use of the NICE Antimicrobial Stewardship Quality Standard QS121 (April 2016) Quality Statements
- Consider where new antimicrobial agents may be placed in specific patient pathways to include considerations relating to admission avoidance strategies
- To discuss and find solutions to Infection Prevention & Control (IPC) and microbiology related problems
- Develop, agree and oversee the implementation of action plans (e.g. C.difficile to reduce C.difficile incidence in community which links to anti-microbial prescribing) and audit programmes (e.g. annual antibiotic audits)
- Providing timely education and feedback on antibiotic stewardship and IPC programmes as set out above and in NICE Guidance (Aug 2015) as well as feedback from audits (antimicrobial, IPC, surviving sepsis etc.)
- Agree what information/messages and updates to be provided to GPs, Practice Nurses and other prescribers in Primary Care
Clinical Practice Pharmacist (Medicines Optimisation), Sheffield Clinical Commissioning Group
No members have registered against this network yet
Sign in to join this network
No meetings scheduled
21 August 2019An agenda for the August meeting of the network will be posted here once available.
9 May 2019An agenda for the May meeting of the network will be posted here once available.