Created by SPS and the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Health (FSRH), with the support of specialist stakeholders working within clinical practice, for contraception commonly supplied or administered within reproductive services.
PGD template attachment
The template PGD is attached below to download and use in conjunction with our implementation advice.
More reproductive health PGD templates
- Lidocaine 10mg/ml spray for IUC insertion or removal
- Lidocaine plus prilocaine cream for IUC insertion or removal
- Progestogen-Only Intra-Uterine Device (LNG-IUD) for contraception
- Medroxyprogesterone acetate (SC-DMPA) injection for contraception
- Medroxyprogesterone acetate (DMPA) IM injection for contraception
- Progestogen only pill (POP) for contraception
- Combined hormonal contraceptive transdermal patch
- Combined oral hormonal contraceptive (COC) in reproductive health
- Ulipristal acetate 30mg tablets for emergency contraception
- Levonorgestrel 1500 microgram tablets for emergency contraception
- Etonogestrel (e.g. Nexplanon®) implant for contraception
- Lidocaine injection for subdermal etonogestrel in contraception
All PGD templates
National PGD templates are developed with experts for clinical specialties. They reduce duplication and variation, and improve consistency of care.
- Title, URL and summary amended.
- Version 1 removed as expiring end March '23
- Version 2.0 PGD template added
- Revised template added to reflect updated FSRH guidance on use of e-cigarettes/vaping and minor detailed changes