Note the submission of an Evergreen Assessment is a separate requirement to the completion of a Carbon Reduction Plan, which will be included in NHS England medicines tenders from April 2024.
The policy covers all NHS England medicines tenders carried out by the Medicines Value and Access Directorate.
An Evergreen Sustainable Supplier Assessment should be submitted on the Atamis portal (specific level not required).
Assessments will be submitted on a yearly basis rather than per tender.
The submitted assessments will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- pass/fail evaluation
- condition of award, i.e. no submission means a supplier cannot be awarded a framework place or contract
- KPI monitoring – yearly monitoring will occur to ensure that submissions have either been maintained or improved
Who is affected
Companies and organisations bidding for places on NHS England Medicines Frameworks and contracts are expected to comply with this policy.
This policy applies to procurement processes starting from 1st January 2024 onwards.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following links will provide further guidance and support:
- Submitting an Evergreen Assessment
- Completing a Carbon Reduction Plan
- find out more about the requirements of the NHS Net Zero Supplier Roadmap
You can contact the teams in the following ways:
- for questions on technical issues with submitting your Evergreen Assessment, please email the team
- for questions on the policy and requirements, please email general enquiries
With thanks to the Medicines Value and Access Directorate, NHS England.